Tuesday, January 18, 2011

so much to do, soooo little time!





~2 Corinthians 12:9, "But he said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for My power is made perfect in weakness. Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me."


So much to do: story of my life. Somehow it all gets done!


Right now the biggest challenge in my life is wedding invitations. I gave my parents a bit of an ultimatum: we either get the ones I want, or I'm sending out a facebook invitation only (which excludes lots of family and is "tacky"). So we've finally settled on an invitation, but now I need to pick out a phrase for the inside of the invitation. There's only 10,000,000 to chose from. Luckily, most of them are sickening, which narrows it down to about 25. I'm shocked that I like that many of them! :)


In 5 months from today, I marry Josh. Am I freaked out? yes. I am. Very. Not necessarily at the marriage part. Mostly at the wife part. Or the...yeah it's the wife part. What if I'm not good at it? That's likely, given my many faults. I mean, I've cooked once, maybe twice in my life. I can't even get cookies in the oven without eating half the raw dough first!


And I'm selfish. Very selfish. I always have been, but I could never figure out why. Maybe my parents spoiled me. Okay, my parents did spoil me. Mostly my daddy. But that's because I have always been an angel. 


I think I'm getting more cooperative as I age. I give generously to the church, which is a good sign. And I share my mule with Rylie and other children. And my friends. Also an improvement. But when it comes to getting things my way, there's no options. I do get my way. I do what I want, pretty much when I want, and I tend to get what I want. So far this hasn't really been an issue for Josh, as far as I'm aware. But maybe it is. Maybe he's nice and just lets me have my way to prevent arguments. Or maybe my way is legitimately the good for everyone. Likely :)


And people keep referring to me as being "tied down."  (insert bitchiness here) I'm not sure what this means, but I will most certainly NOT be this. Silly people, this isn't the 1800's; I do in fact have more opportunites than most men because I am female, and I do intend to take said opportunities. And Josh is being stubborn, like we can only live within a certain distance of Pella, Iowa, but when push comes to shove, I am positive that if I feel like I need to live in Texas or New Zealand, I will be doing so. And I'm not sure I'll be making a permanent settlement in Pella. But at this point in time, who knows?

1 comment:

  1. You just need to give it time...the future can be seen by no one!
    I would never have believed that my life has taken so many great twists and turns.

    Just live it to the fullest and be happy!

    ReplyDelete