Monday, February 14, 2011

Praise the God who gives...and takes away





"Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see." ~Hebrews 11:1

So there have been a few times in the past year when I've thought about how my life would be different if I were single. And there have always been aspects that I've been slightly envious of in single people. For one, I wouldn't have to hear the lectures about how "you're so busy and you're never home!"


And I've always been able to remind myself of what I have. Josh is the most wonderful man I could ever ask for, in fact, I would never think of asking for him if it hadn't just happened, because he's waaay out of my league. And of course we're so far into the wedding planning, I'm game to just keep going. But it takes two being all in to make it work.


And now, due to no fault of my own, ironically, he's thinking about calling it quits. We just want different things all of a sudden, and he's done working with it. I'm not going to hold him back, he has that right, we aren't married yet. And I'm looking at the single life a hell of a lot different now that I'm so close. I can't find one single aspect of it that I'm okay with. It could be that the biggest trial of my life is right around the corner. 


Just as I was about to post this, "Praise You in This Storm" by Casting Crowns came on my iTunes. So ironic. And maybe prophetic?




1 comment:

  1. I love you roomie, and I know you can be strong through this. God will help it work out in the end, whether it's what you want or not, you know that He will choose what is right for you. If you need to talk, you know where to find me. <3

    ReplyDelete