Saturday, February 19, 2011

Prayer





"Devote yourselves to prayer, being watchful and thankful."~Colossians 4:2



A well-worn Bible

A well-worn Bible with my personal notes and markings (mostly from church sermons)

Random verses that I'm memorizing/have memorized...
they're posted everywhere on my side of the room


I love Francis Chan. At 1 am, knowing I have to get up at 7, I'd rather watch one of his sermons than sleep. But this brings up something about my nature that I struggle with: I've been listening and reading a lot lately, and very good about my Bible reading schedule, I go to church every week and watch sermons I miss (since I'm in 2 churches but can only go to one/week) but my prayer life is... sketchy.


Sad day. Because when I pray, and I don't mean the two-minute-end-of-the-day wrap-up, I pray. It's...a gift. Something I'm good at, and not afraid to do in front of others. Of course, verbal communication would be my gift haha!


But when I do something "bad," on purpose, I get to "hiding" from God, in a way. And then I start avoiding prayer a bit. And then little by little...I stop. Not totally, I still have that one end-of-the-day prayer. But the praying all day bit...It's gone. And I feel the absence, but I'm not sure how to get it back.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1V7X3o03Ds


"If you want to humble a man, why don't you ask him about his prayer life?" -Chan


I just told you about my prayer life. How's yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment