Wednesday, February 2, 2011

How to serve?





"For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do."-Ephesians 2:10

Wow. So I'm at work right now, since we got the morning off school, this is me being productive. And I'm listening to a sermon by Francis Chan. A sermon titled: "What Every Christian Needs to Do Part 4/5-Serve." And wow.


I'm so inspired right now, but I don't know what to do. I literally stopped what I was doing to write this. 


How would you feel if only half of your body was working? Only half to two-thirds of the Church serves. Guess who's in the minority, like always? Yeah. Me. Wow. Wake up call!


How can I serve the Church? I mean, don't get me wrong, but how can I serve? This is something I've struggled with since last summer. It started off when I started going to 2 church services on Sundays-the church my parents attend followed directly by the church that Josh has always attended. And I was so stretched out, and stressed out because my Sunday was so crowded. I was discovering new opportunities at my "new" church while struggling to break ties, in a sense, with my "old" church.


Things got easier when the preacher left my old church. I mean, it sucked-I literally still went to that church because he was there, and I miss him a lot. But also, it was the perfect opportunity to become strictly an occasional visitor to that church. So naturally, when I started only attending one church, Sundays got better. But I still don't know how to serve.


And now I go to a church in Ames every Sunday I'm up here. A church I love. So I attend two churches regularly, even listening to the sermons online of whatever church I missed, but I still don't know how to serve. It's nice only going to one church every week, but it's still frustrating to essentially miss church half the time.


So I guess to prevent me from driving myself crazy, I'm asking you to pray for opportunities for me to serve the Church. Because I can't stand not being productive, and as long as I'm not serving the Church, I'm not being productive. Thanks, and much love to all  :)


ps-I'm sure the opportunity will present itself as soon as I slow down a bit in school...or graduate...haha, maybe that's what we should direct our prayers to!

1 comment:

  1. You know the opportunity will come up and literally knock you on the head or bowl you off your feet!
    Patience!

    ReplyDelete