Thursday, November 18, 2010

Everything is Quotable





~"A cheerful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones." -Proverbs 17:22


"They're like, 'Oh an elf, Christmas is early!'" I explained to Jenni after my shower. This conversation came about because as I opened up the door to come out of the bathroom I ran into the chest of another girl and we both made a startled noise and jumped. I am used to bumping into people's torsos; I happen to be eye level with most of them. However, most people aren't used to being bumped in the chest by something they don't see. Thus, I came up with a theory that when a short person bumps into a taller person, the taller person is more startled at being pushed by something they don't see at first. And that when they look down and see me, they must think I'm an elf at first.


Everything is quotable. It was just one of those days. 


Beth and I are facebook chatting and she mentions she's watching "Up" which I've seen once and I was like, "That's a good movie." A minute later she writes, "I'm going to South America. It's like America but SOUTH!" and I got all excited because I'm going to South America in a month. So I proceeded like this: 
"When are you going!
?
and when?
oh wait I just asked that 
oops"
And then she explained that it was a line from the movie and I defended myself by explaining how I'd only seen it once.


Me and Zach decided to go to the gym at 10. When he came over, I showed him my homework, which was due at midnight. I had spent an hour writing a whopping sentence. He's like, "Oh what do you have to do with that?" and I said quite nonchalantly as I grabbed my iPod and keys, "Have a two-minute speech. By midnight." Zach stares at me for a minute in disbelief and then says, "Well at least you don't seem to be taking it well."


Zach: "It's alright, I have fun playing by myself." My immediate response: "twss!!!!" (That's what she said) (for reference:we were discussing playing basketball at the gym)


"Shannon's like a public library; everyone's checking her out," said Jenni, as she explained to Alex how I'm always reading books and then passing them on to others.


One of my bad habits is reading texts from last night (http://www.textsfromlastnight.com/) and today I found many entertaining entries as I was trying to stay awake in class. 


(617): I'll be there in 5 min. If not, read this again.-This is definitely one that is applicable to me!
(518): You were humming mission impossible as we ran from the cops. -Not relevant to me, just funny as hell.
(801): Don't worry about the poodle she's always like that. she's like 14 years old and ate a bag of weed when she was a puppy. -I was talking to Josh when I found this one, and I was laughing so hard that by the time I came to the word "weed," I was gasping and had to give the phone to Jenni so she could relay the message to Josh.
(513): Just transferred the sun chips from that obnoxious Eco-friendly bag into a zip lock. Fuck the environment, that bag is loud. -Love the chips, hate the bag as well.


Then there was Josh talking to me when I had company in my room and was completely distracted. Bit of history: Josh moved to his college apartment yesterday and didn't have running water. Today they couldn't fix it. Present time: I'm on the phone with him and distracted by friends....(conversation from my point of view)
Josh: "blah blah:
Me: "Uh huh"
"blah blah:
"Wow that sucks..."
"blah...so what should I do?"
(without any hesitation): "Call a plumber." (where I got this answer I'll never know)
Then we were talking later, after my friends had left, and I asked him to repeat the whole conversation from earlier. He said he wasn't talking about anything, but he liked how I handled the situation.






This is pretty random but I didn't want to forget any of these quotes, or the other ones which Jenni said weren't appropriate to put on here. 

1 comment:

  1. Funny as all get out...I've been reading FB posts regarding texts...very entertaining.

    ReplyDelete