Wednesday, November 24, 2010

I Got the Magic in Me!






~Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.-Matthew 6:34


Being home is fun. Well, once I finally got there it was fun. I helped with a middle school FFA event last Saturday and didn't start heading home until Saturday night. 

I had just gotten off I-80 when my speedometer went down to zero. Now, for those of you who know of my famous driving, you realize that I was going 70+ (I usually don't actually disclose my speed). Just after that, when I was on the phone with Josh, I noticed a little boxy icon thing lit up on my dash-I call it the "check engine" light although I'm not entirely sure that's the part it represents. Anyway, Josh tells me to keep driving it, it's fine. 10 seconds later my car stops running. So I pull over and call Daddy.

(Ring, ring) Mom: "Hello?"
Me (calmly): "Hey Mom. My car just stopped running by Bass Pro."
Mom: "Hang on, here's dad."
Dad (nonchalantly): "Hi."
Me (even more calmly): "Hey Dad. My car just stopped running. It was like that time sophomore year except I knew what was happening so I pulled over safely. I'm by Bass Pro on Highway 65."
Dad: "You got off the Interstate and now you're on the road by Bass Pro Shops?"
Me: "Yep."
Dad: "Okay. We're coming right up there. We'll see you in an hour or so. The cell phone will be on if you need anything. We'll see you in about an hour."

This is how things are. I don't ever panic immediately. But as soon as I was off the phone, I started worrying a bit. I talked to Josh and he said to start my car. Eventually, we worked it out so I drove it to a place and met my parents there. I'll make this quick: The transmission went out in my car that has 237,XXX miles on all original parts except the battery. It's been determined  that the car isn't worth fixing and car shopping sucks.

The weather here has been nice so I decided to ride (um. obviously). Yesterday's big project was putting the first ride on one of our yearlings. He's pretty chill. Even with spurs on, I couldn't really get him to move. I need some brilliant ideas to make today's ride more productive. At least I know he's safe. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment