Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Just Like You-Only Prettier :)





~1 Corinthians 15:58, "Therefore, my dear brothers, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain."




"Look at the way her wrinkles go into her neck...she looks frail!" says Jenni as Loretta Lynn takes the stage and we're discussing the puffy dress. And...Miranda Lambert just won female vocalist! This makes me happy because I love Miranda Lambert...she's so awesome! Like...she's the one I could hang out with, ride four wheelers with, get tattoos with...


Ramblings, ramblings.... Anyway, I've been thinking about things, pondering, if you will, as of late. I just finished up reading Acts 28, which is the last chapter of Acts. And Paul... he just amazes me. In fact, over the course of the past few days I decided that if I could go back in history and converse with any one person, it would be Paul. Previously to this revelation, I always thought I wanted to meet George Washington - he's a great guy and all, but mostly I wanted to meet him and thank him for Royal Gift, of course. :)


But that's all over with now. Paul is the guy I want to meet and confer with. I mean, he has this awesome revelation and turns from Saul into Paul (reference Acts 9), then he's all like, "Hey everyone, I'm gonna tell you all about Jesus whether you want to hear it or not and I am okay if I lose my life because of my convictions" (reference Acts 21:13). It's quite admirable. I find that I want to share Jesus with others, but I think it's difficult. I mean, I try to live out my life the way I should in Christ, but openly bringing up "religion" is another story. Especially because I feel like people probably judge me because they know I call my self a Christian-aka, Christ-follower, and there are certain...expectations that go with. Or I feel like they might think I'm like the people who want to be Christians as long as it doesn't mean living it out. Or maybe those people are trying like me, I don't know... But I guess it's like interviews-I'll do the best I can and hope they see me. Or rather, see Christ through me.


One thing that I've come to understand this semester is that it's ridiculous to try to be perfect. I got straight A's all through school, but didn't have a life. Now, I get...average grades...but I have a happy, full life.  :)  Every night I'm busy...and it's almost always cause I'm just hanging out with some amazing friends friends. And when I see my imperfections so clearly, it is easier for me to see the PERFECTIONS in my friends.


Friends... something I've come to dearly appreciate. This summer, I was far away from my fiancé, my best friend, and most of my other friends. But thanks to those pesky advances in technology, I'm closer than ever to all of them. And my friends accept me for who I am, when I mess up, when I do something to hurt them-they remain loyal, and I'm so glad to have each and every single one of them!


Today's blog title came, of course, from the Miranda Lambert song...she was the darling of the CMA's tonight and that makes me happy, so this is for her.


Here's some pictures of those friends that are oh-so-important to me (the mules are, of course, included)...


Me and my roommate Jenni

My friends Anna (on Holly) and Rylie (holding Holly)

My fiancé Josh (we're high school sweehearts)
and our mules-his mule May is on the left and mine is Razzle on the right

1 comment: